Monday 24 May 2010

27th April 2010 Remove Castelated spacers


Both queens marked. As they are both last years queens, they were both marked with green pen on the thorax.


Hive 1 has had the castelated spacers turned and the lower spaceing guide removed. Quite an operation. To do it, I took the roof off and turned it upside down beside the hive. I placed an empty deep super on the roof. I then transfered each frame from the brood box into the super. I found and marked the queen in this process. When all the frames were out, the lower spacer just pulled out. The frame runners can then be pushed out on the center and turned over.


This means that when I examine the brood chamber in the future, I can slide the frames across. As i don't intend moving the hives in the near future, the castelated spacers are not needed in the brood box.


No comments:

Post a Comment